Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yeah for Trey!

Thank you for your prayers yesterday! Leah is feeling better and both went back to preschool/daycare today. Aunt Cindy is on her way to the hospital now to meet Baby Trey. Ben is eating more pie and the seniors even gave him a Pi t-shirt.

Ben and I enjoyed our evening with Trey yesterday. We got to do lots of cuddling and Trey was very alert. We got a good picture but I forgot my USB cord so I won't be able to upload until I get home tonight. Check back later.

This morning a lactation consultant came to help with his 10 o'clock feeding. She brought in a breast shield to try and boy did it help. Trey latched on almost immediately and nursed for 10 minutes! What an answer to prayer! I was so proud of him and I couldn't wait to call Ben and tell him. The lactation consultant also noticed that Trey is tongue-tied. Rhett was too (these boys have a lot of similarities). It's an easy procedure to clip it but she said they don't do a lot them here. I'm going to ask his Dr. tomorrow but we may have to wait for his pediatrician to do it when we go home. Pray that this can be taken care of soon. It will help him to nurse even better.

I did speak with the Dr. this morning (before the lactation appointment). She said his bili level has continued to drop even after not being on the lights yesterday. The preliminary report from his head sono was that there was no sign of a brain bleed. Another praise!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Good work Trey! If I remember my own panicky new mom to a jaundiced baby days, the diaper is the best exit. So, keep up the feeding!

Tiffany said...

Wonderful news Erin!!! Glad things are going well for your little man! Can't wait to see more pics!

Heidi said...

Oh those little steps forward are so amazing! Praising God with you!!!

Marcia said...

That is great news.