Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011

Happy birthday Uncle Justin! Hope you have a great day!

Trey had another good night. When I came in this morning he was just starting to stir as it was getting close to feeding time. I held him skin to skin for awhile (helps with bonding and can also help to increase my milk supply) and then I pumped while Nurse Ruth introduced him to the bottle. He didn't seem to latch on very strong or be that interested but after a few minutes when Ruth pulled the bottle away, he had drank 20 ccs of the 45 for his feeding. Sneaky little guy! He burped and finished the bottle in less time than it takes me to pump (20-25 min). Now that we know what he can do with the bottle, we'll nurse first and then finish his feeding with the bottle. If he continues to complete his feeding with the bottle, they can take out the N-G tube! That puts us closer to moving out of the Special Care Nursery to a Family Room where we do most of the care. That is the last step before going home! I have no idea how long this will all take but Trey is just doing great and I am so proud of him.

Thank you for all your prayers. God is faithful and we praise Him!

2 comments:

Robin O said...

Sounds like he is doing pretty good. I know you can't wait for the day he gets to come home, it will get here sooner than you know. We will keep the prayers coming that he will continue to do so well, and that you guys with have the strength to get through it all. Miss ya at work, guess we'll see you next fall.

Heidi said...

Yeah, Yeah!