Thursday, March 3, 2011

This is the stuff

The following are the lyrics to Francessca Batistelli's new song, This Is The Stuff. Even before Monday night I would find this song stuck in my head. However, God also planted these words in my mind early Tuesday morning when I couldn't sleep, despite being exhausted, while lying in a hospital bed feeling out of control, not knowing what was going to happen to me or this little baby in my tummy. "Why now God? Ben is in the middle of the 2 most important weeks of basketball. Rhett's birthday is coming up. I don't have the time to take off work. This is going to be expensive!"

So many of you have sent messages or left comments that have been an encouragement to me already. I know there are lessons being learned already about the blessings and provisions of my heavenly Father. I also know that I am a stubborn, control freak who will need to learn these lessons again and again.

I lost my keys
In the great unknown
And call me please
'Cause I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy.
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately.
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed

This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've got to trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I might choose
But this is the stuff you use

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines
While I'm running behind

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed

This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I might choose but this is the stuff You use

So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world

This is the stuff that drives me crazy.
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of little my mess
I forget how big I'm blessed

This is the stuff that gets under my skin
And I've gotta trust you know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose but this is the stuff You use

This is the stuff You use

Right now I am missing one of Ben's basketball games and it is killing me. My mom has come and gone with my babies and I am lonely. Thank you, Lyn, for sharing this verse with me yesterday. I am praying it right now!

Zephaniah 3:17
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

4 comments:

Robin O said...

I just heard that song today on the radio for the first time ! It's a good song, we seem to look at the bad and forget about the good. Prayers are headed your way, and I totally believe in the Power of Prayer !!!

Marcia said...

Erin -
We will continue to pray for all of you. We love you and know God will give you His strength, His grace and His protection. He is a mighty Creator and our loving Father. Love you lots.
Marcia

Chris Lawler said...

Hang in there Erin. We are praying for you. Trust in the Lord. Hard to do, we know the feeling. Take care. Chris Lawler

Heidi said...

Hang in there sweet girl! It won't be long. Love on your with prayer.