Saturday, March 5, 2011

2 weeks to go!

In no longer than 2 weeks, we will be a family of 5! The Dr. this morning said that most women with premature rupture of membranes deliver within a week. But he is pleased and encouraged that I am going on 5 days with no signs of labor or complications. So we are still hoping to make it to March 19th and then deliver.

Had a nice visit with the kids last night. Rhett was laughing at something on the computer and it was so good to hear that. Ben called back after he got them home and in bed and said Rhett said he missed Momma and wanted me to come home. Break my heart! I know he won't remember all this and someday I'll be praying he WOULD miss me! Mom has gone home for a few days and Aunt Cindy is here now.

Ben brought the team into see me this morning. I think it was good for them to see that I look the same and am doing fine. They were headed out for a team meal and they play for their sub-state championship tonight at 6. I am here on my "prayer post" and will receive text updates throughout the game. Lots of Ben's family will be at the game too so I am looking forward to more company today.

Praises for today:
A GREAT night's sleep last night.
A visit from a neonatalogist yesterday who answered lots of questions for me.
Continued good reports from the baby's daily non-stress tests.
My computer! I can listen to songs, look at pictures of the kids, check emails, etc...

Requests for today:
No complications or signs of labor!
That Rhett & Leah would behave and obey for all those taking care of them.
Clarity of mind, strength of character, and sharpness of skill for the Ben and the Lady Broncos tonight. And of course, a win!
Travel safety for Ben's family as they come for the game.

3 comments:

Megan said...

So glad things are going well! If you want more than text updates, 102.1 (I think) has been broadcasting from that substate all week (I've been keeping tabs, of course)... not sure if they'll be there tonight, but it's worth checking out.

Tiffany said...

It appears that your little Wertenberger baby is a little more motivated than ours was to enter the 'real' world. We are praying that it decides to hold out another couple weeks for you! So glad that things continue to go well & that you have such good helpers. I know it has to be hard being away from Rhett & Leah right now. Hopefully the next 2 weeks speed by for you!

Hanni said...

Take care and know that you are all in our prayers. I know that laying there, the days must seem so long sometimes but I pray that you have many more. :)