Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Quick Trip out West

We made a quick overnight trip to western Kansas last weekend. My Grandma Warrenetta (Gramma Netta) is one of 9 and they all get together every summer for a reunion. My dad is one of 28 (if I counted right!) first cousins. The reunion was in Meade but we decided to spend some time in Dodge City on our way out. We intended to do Boot Hill but it was too hot to have Trey out for too long. My Grandpa is a member of the Kansas Cowboy Hall of Fame at Boot Hill. But we did enjoy the hotel swimming pool and quick tour of the Harley Davidson shop there. This was Trey's first time swimming. He and I were only in a short time and then we had fun watching Daddy, Rhett, and Leah. The kids all slept well at the hotel and we headed to Meade the next morning for the day. The kids had some more water fun at the reunion and Ben played pitch with some of my great aunts and uncles. All 9 siblings had wrote down some of the memories they had growing up. It was fun to read those. We left Meade about 7:15 and drove straight home to be here by 10:45. We saw lots of fireworks from the car on our way home.


No comments: