Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Perfect Day

While driving to town yesterday, we were listening to the new Lady Antebellum CD. Leah likes the song "American Honey" and says "honey" whenever she hears it in the song. So cute! Anyway, one of the songs is called "Perfect Day." It is very upbeat and we all like it. Here is one of the lines from the chorus:

Can't worry about tomorrow
When you're busy living in this perfect day.

Just what I needed to hear! Just before we had left that morning, Rhett's doctor called back and asked that we come back for more lab work. Worrying is a genetic disorder I have passed down though the women in my family (thanks Mom and Grandma!). And really I haven't been worrying too much about Rhett's bumps, but I do have my moments. But after hearing those lines, for the thousandth time, it really sunk in. I need to be busy spending, living THIS perfect day with those I love. If I'm busy living, I won't have time to worry. Ahhh! How refreshing!

When I took Rhett in for the lab work, I was expecting them to draw more blood. But all they did was a TB skin test. I think they are just trying to rule everything out. It doesn't appear to me that he has TB, but that's not my call. So we have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to have the skin test results read and decide on any next steps.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm going to go search for that song right now. I don't know it but it sounds great!!!! Neat post Erin!!!!!