Monday, April 4, 2011

Moving downstairs!

We planned on having Rhett and Leah's basement bedrooms ready before the baby arrived. Well, Trey had different plans.
Ben had both rooms painted long ago. He painted this metal bed from my Grandma Colene's house over spring break. The new carpet was laid on Friday. We have had Rhett's comforter for a year or more but I bought sheets today.
While the kids were at daycare and Trey was sleeping, I put the bed together and had it ready for Rhett to see when they got home.
He was so excited and said he wanted to sleep down there tonight. We had planned to start out with him taking naps down there and Leah taking naps on the twin mattress on the floor where Rhett has been sleeping. But he was excited so we went with it.
Ben put Leah's bed together when he got home because she was so excited about Rhett's new bed and said she wanted to sleep down stairs too. She has been taking naps on our bed but overnight has still been in her crib.
Hopefully she doesn't fall out!
This was my daybed when I was growing up.
The bedrooms are connected by a bathroom.
Any guesses how many times we have to go down and put them back in their beds or who gets scared first?

5 comments:

Megan said...

Good luck! I hope it goes well.

Kara said...

Oh I hope it goes well! Audrey does fine in the basement and I bet your kids will be the same way! The biggest struggle is with clothes. We keep pj's upstairs so we don't have to go down for those before bed but all the other clothes are downstairs or should i say on the stairs waiting to go downstairs! :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cory said...

Wow, you have transformed those rooms! The new carpet will be so great! I will call you soon!

Cory

(I deleted the last comment because I was signed in as Derek)

Marcia said...

They are growing up! And are so cute. I would guess the times you go down there will quickly decrease!! have fun.