Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The first night

I started this yesterday but forgot to finish and post it. Here you go!

I think the first night for Rhett & Leah downstairs went pretty well. I had to go down a few times before they fell asleep because they had met up in the adjoining bathroom to whisper with each other. I laid with each of them for a few minutes more than usual. Rhett had a coughing fit in the night and it woke him up. I think he forgot where he was and got upset. I went down a tucked him back in and that was that. Leah cried out about 5 this morning and Ben went down and laid with her and they both slept till 7.

The second night went well too. They came up the stairs together a few minutes after we laid them down (not really sure why, but Rhett said Leah couldn't get back in her bed by herself). I laid with each of them again for a few minutes and didn't hear any more from them. Leah woke up again at 5. I laid with her for a little while but then it was time for Trey to eat so Ben laid with her. She never went back to sleep... She's been a little delicate this morning so I think she will nap well this afternoon!
I think it worked well because it was their idea to sleep down there. Leah is already asking when her clothes will be moved down there. Ben said he would help me move the rest of the furniture in tonight so I can move their clothes down.

No comments: