Monday, November 1, 2010

And the home of the... CHIEFS!

Thanks to Uncle Gary and Aunt Connie and Big Papa and Grandma Sauce for keeping Rhett and Leah for us last weekend so Ben and I could have a little pre-baby date! Job and Josh have season tickets for the Chiefs and offered them to us for a game. We ended up choosing the Jacksonville game. It was a beautiful day and a fun game ending with a Chiefs win. We stayed in KC Saturday night, ate dinner ALONE and walked around Village West at a leisurely pace. Our hotel was right next to the KC Wizards soccer stadium and they were hosting their final home game of the season. The won too and celebrated with a 15 minute fireworks show that we watched from our hotel room. A great night!
So steep! Once people were sitting in front of us, I felt a little more comfortable. At least there would be someone to break my fall!
This was the first time for me to go to a professional football game. We went to Arrowhead when K-State beat OU in the Big XII Championship, but when 80,000 people are cheering for the same team, the atmosphere is quite different! This game was also a reunion of sorts for me and my (pretend) college boyfriend, Jon McGraw, who plays for the Chiefs :)
Thanks again to all who made it possible for me to go on a date with my husband!!

No comments: