Saturday, April 4, 2009

The kids are at Papa and GG's!

Rhett and Leah are spending the weekend at Papa and GG's!  I met my folks in Herrington yesterday evening and we swapped cars.  Rhett couldn't get rid of me fast enough!  When I was trying to say goodbye to him in his car seat, he was pushing me out the door.
I talked to Papa after lunch and both kids were down for naps.  Leah is pretty congested so she didn't sleep real well last night.  When she's awake, she's happy as a lark.  Rhett got to play with cousin Will and go for a walk in the wagon.  The neighbors have their grandsons visiting too, so all the boys played together.
Ben and I slept in until 10:00!  Ahh...  I have been busy working in the kids room.  I put up the Uppercase Living decals and Rhett's name that Aunt Cindy made him for his birthday.   

Grandma Brenda gave Rhett some cowboy accessories from Papa Rixey's room when he was a boy.  So that got hung up too.

I am still looking for a flower to attach to the cowgirl hat by Leah's bed.

1 comment:

Kara said...

So, what did you and Benji do all weekend? Get things done and sleep in- isn't that great! There's something wonderful about being in your own home w/o kids- it's so much more productive and quite liberating and SOOOO QUIET and clean! Grandparents are awesome!!