Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another first...



Rhett had another "first" today at Joni's.  I have told her before that if Rhett or Leah does something for the first time at her house, not to tell me about it.  That way I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.  In this case, I'm glad she called.  Yes, Joni had to call me at work today.  She never does that so I knew it was important.
Rhett was helping pick up toys before lunch (no, this is not the first I am writing about!).  He tripped on a block and split his head open on the coffee table.  She said it bled quite a bit so I am glad I wasn't there for this "first."  She rinsed his head under the shower and put a butterfly band-aid on it.  Of course this is the day I work in Rose Hill, the farthest of my buildings from Potwin so it took me 45 minutes to get there.  He was running around like a wild man.
I called the pediatrician and got in right away with a new Dr. in the practice.  She used to be an ER doc so although I had never met her, I knew she had seen this a thousand times.  Because it was such a clean cut, she was able to glue it shut and not do stitches.  He cried but the tears stopped pretty quick once she pulled out the Smarties.  He told her, "I tuff," and we walked out the door.
After his nap we went outside to play since the weather was so nice.  I suggested he ride his new trike.  Daddy didn't think this was a good idea, but Rhett wanted to so he did.  It turned out Daddy was right.  Rhett fell trying to get on once and scraped his cheek.  Poor guy.  He must have his mother's coordination.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Tell Rhett I'm glad he is "tuff" - he even has the proud scars to show for it!